ALA - First Things First
Download the flyer here.
Supporting Kids & Their Families
A child's most important developmental years are those leading up to kindergarten. First Things First is committed to helping Arizona kids five and younger receive the quality education, healthcare and family support they need to arrive at school healthy and ready to succeed with Year-round services.
• Provide trainings and discussions that will strengthen parents, grandparents parenting skills.
• Provide parents with Interactive literacy activities which will assist them with building an interest for reading.
• Assist parents in becoming full partners in the education of their children.
• Provide parent/child time together through family game night and family read aloud night .
• Cultural activities such as Family Game Night, Parent/Child Time Together, Field Trip and Family Read Aloud night
• Provide training for parents on how to be their child’s first teacher.
Program Requirements - One or more can qualify you!
• Must be SRP-MIC Community member; or a grandparent or great grandparent raising children.
• Must be enrolled and actively participating in GED classes.
• Must be enrolled and actively participating in ALA classes.
• Must be enrolled in LEARN or actively participating.
Parent Educator • Life skills Instructor
- Edith Eubank 480-362-2148